SUNGAI BULOH: Health Minister Dr Adham Baba said the Sri Petaling Mosque, where 10,000 people held a gathering at the end of last month, will be temporarily closed for disinfection due to at least one local participant testing positive for Covid-19.
He urged those who participated in the gathering to immediately get tested if they begin to experience symptoms of the virus.
He was speaking to reporters in the lobby of the Health Ministry Training Institute here today after visiting the ward prepared for Covid-19 patients at the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
In KANGAR, tabligh (Islamic movement) members from Perlis who attended the mass gathering at the Sri Petaling Mosque have been barred from going to the mosque and performing congregational and Friday prayers.
Perlis Mufti Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin urged any tabligh member experiencing early signs of Covid-19 to quickly undergo health examination and to only go to the mosque when they were confirmed free of the virus.
‘’I wish to stress here, they (tabligh members) are barred from performing the congregational and Friday prayers at the mosque for fear of infecting others.
“We do not want such incidents to take place,’’ he said.
Asri also urged Muslims going to the mosque for prayers to use sanitisers and to cover their mouths if they cough or sneeze.
Yesterday, health ministry director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said about 10,000 people from several countries, including 5,000 from Malaysia, had attended the gathering. – FMT