Tahfiz student screening in Kelantan is according to plan

Estimate Reading Time: < 1 minute

PETALING JAYA: The Kelantan state health director has called for calm over the ongoing Covid-19 screening of students at one of the biggest tahfiz centres in the state.

-Advertisement-

Dr Zaini Hussain said that there is no need to panic on social media, as the students who are ill are being sent to quarantine centres.

“There was a Facebook post which went viral on the screening being done at Pondok Pasir Tumboh on April 15. The Health Ministry had ordered all state health departments to focus screenings on all students at those pondok (tahfiz) schools at risk, including Pondok Pasir Tumboh.

“The PPEs worn by the medical personnel were as a precautionary measure, in line with the standard operating procedure of the Health Ministry.

-Advertisement-

“During the screening, we found 15 students who had fever and cough and they were sent to the quarantine station at Tengku Anis Hospital.

“There is no need to raise unnecessary panic on this information,” said Dr Zaini in a statement issued on Friday (April 17).

Two days ago, Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the ministry has moved its Covid-19 focus to some 8,616 tahfiz students from madrasah schools throughout the country.

He said this was after 217 tahfiz students were among the total amount of people who tested positive for the virus so far. – The Star

Share this Article
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share