LABUAN, Dec 8 — Travellers from other parts of the country entering Labuan must still undergo a mandatory COVID-19 screening upon arrival at the entry points of two ferry terminals and Labuan Airport, said Labuan Health Department director Dr Ismuni Bohari.
The screening (risk analysis by healthcare personnel) is to identify possible symptoms and travel history (via MySejahtera application), as part of the department’s efforts to curb the spread of infection.
He said travellers would be issued with the quarantine order (Annex 14) if they have symptoms and those without symptoms but from red zones are required to undergo self-quarantine.
“Travellers from other parts – the peninsula, Sabah and Sarawak – must be equipped with the COVID-19 negative result three days prior to their arrival here.
“Those who have undergone the COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test and have yet to get the results must show the test receipt as proof. There is no need for a repeat test, but our healthcare personnel (at the entry points) will give them the wristband for self-quarantine until the results are released,” he said today.
Dr Ismuni said the screening was still being conducted at the entry points as Labuan had 53 active cases, with four patients being treated in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Labuan Hospital.
He said travellers from Labuan who visited Sabah, Sarawak and the peninsula for more than three days would have to undergo a repeat COVID-19 test upon arrival at Labuan’s entry points.
“Reverting to the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) does not mean Labuan is free from infections, but rather cases are stabilising towards zero,” he said.
He said positive cases had been detected almost every day at the ferry terminals.
“The people especially the business community must strictly adhere to the standard operating procedure (SOP) in doing business. If there is a spike in COVID-19 cases, there is possibility Labuan will again be placed under movement restrictions,” he said. – BERNAMA