Kuala Lumpur, 14 Jan 2021 (The Capital Post)- The Department of Statistics Malaysia have announced, the face-to-face interviews for the Malaysian population and Housing census will be restructured following the Movement Control Order (MCO) in several states.
In this second phase of census, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) approved by the National Security Council will be implemented, said the DOSM Office of the Census Commissioner 2020.
Face-to-Face interviews allowed to carry out only in Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) and Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) areas while not allowed in MCO and Enhanced Movement Control Order areas, according to the statement.
Census information will be collected via e-Census platform or phone call whichever is more appropriate.
Census 2020 Commissioner Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Uzir Mahidin said all parties played an important role in flattening the curve of Covid-19 cases, thus DOSM has reopened the e-Census platform.
“Based on the response received so far, a total of 8.8 million or 27.1% of the estimated 32.7 million Malaysians have been recorded in the Malaysia Census 2020.
“Therefore, people who have not yet to fill out the census are urged to fill in the census information online and for those who need an ID to fill in the e-Census, can contact the Helpdesk via email@example.com or refer to the nearest State DOSM ,” he said.
The statement from DOSM also stated that Uzir Mahiddin have tested negative following Covid-19 screening, however he will go under self quarantine until Jan 15 and this situation will not affect the DOSM. -The Capital Post