Penang to give RM20mil relief for MCO 2.0

Estimate Reading Time: < 1 minute

GEORGE TOWN: Penang has approved a RM20 million financial relief package to help targeted groups to survive the second lockdown.

-Advertisement-

This is on top of the RM150 million financial assistance provided throughout last year.

Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said the Financial Package 3.0 passed by the state execuitve council will aim to help those most affected by the reimposed movement control order (MCO 2.0).

In a statement, Chow urged the people to comply with standard operating procedures to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the state.

-Advertisement-

He said as at Jan 13, it was reported that 59% of 5,479 Covid-19 cases in the state were locally transmitted.

“It is clear that the virus is everywhere,” he said, “and anyone, whether local or foreigner, can be infected”.

“Therefore, we should not be complacent and must take the necessary precautions to protect all the people in the state.”

Last March, Penang announced a RM75 million stimulus package for frontliners and low-income earners in the state.

Another RM76 million was announced later in May, with unlicensed hawkers receiving RM500 each to stay afloat during the pandemic.- FMT

Share this Article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •