Restaurant worker dies of electric shock

Estimate Reading Time: < 1 minute

IPOH, Oct 26 — A restaurant worker died after he was believed to have been electrocuted during heavy rain at the premises in Persiaran Lembah, Kuala Kangsar, yesterday.


Kuala Kangsar district police chief ACP Omar Bakhtiar Yaacob said in the 4 pm incident, the victim Mohamad Fauzi Musa, 30, was serving customers alongside his three other colleagues before he slipped and fell under the canopy tent with his right hand holding the tent’s iron pole.

“The victim was suspected of being electrocuted and died on the way to Kuala Kangsar Hospital,” he said in a statement here today.

He said the initial investigation at the scene found that the canopy tent was attached to the restaurant while the inspection found the victim’s body and clothes were wet while his face and hands had turned dark.


However, he said there were no element of crimes detected and the post-mortem found that the cause of death was a heart attack due to electric shock.

“Swab test was also taken and the results were negative for COVID-19,” he said. – BERNAMA

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/capitalp/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5373