Najib out after one-hour questioning at Bukit Aman

Estimate Reading Time: 2 minutes

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Razak concluded giving his statement to the police in Bukit Aman in connection with investigations into his allegedly defamatory statement against Teluk Intan MP Nga Kor Ming.


The former premier spent about an hour being questioned by the Bukit Aman Special Investigation Unit.

Accompanied by supporters, Najib left the Federal Police Headquarters at about 12.40pm Friday (Oct 18).

“I cooperated fully with the police by giving information and relevant evidence. I spent about an hour in recording my statement,” he told reporters who waited amidst heavy rain outside Bukit Aman.

“The police asked about my Facebook posting and the reason I made such a posting.

“I was also asked about my opinions on such postings, as well as other matter.

“I cannot reveal much as the matter is still being investigated,” he said.

The Pekan MP said he would leave the matter to the police to investigate.

Najib had arrived at about 11am accompanied by a group of supporters.

Earlier in the day, Najib had posted on his Facebook page that he would be going to Bukit Aman to give his statement in relation with Nga’s allegations that he has been defamed.


“I don’t rule out the possibility that it is the Pakatan Harapan’s way to close down or block my Facebook page.

“The Selangor palace has lodged a report on Nga on the basis of sedition over a posting on Selangor Sultan.

“Nga then lodged a police report saying I had defamed him,” he said.

Najib said he had not defamed Nga.

Nga, who is the Perak DAP chairman, had urged police to investigate the Facebook page ‘Najib Razak’.

On Sept 30, through his Facebook posting, Najib had called on the Pakatan government to take action against Nga over an allegedly seditious statement made against the Sultan of Selangor that was apparently posted on Nga’s Facebook account.

The statement was posted on Facebook on Sept 29 via the “Nga Kor Ming Super Fans Page”, asking the Chinese to protest against the Sultan who had decreed that bilingual road signs in Selangor be removed.

However, Nga denied that he and the DAP were involved in making the posting, saying the Facebook account was a fake one. -The Star

Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/capitalp/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5373