Girl, 12, electrocuted while using mobile phone

Estimate Reading Time: < 1 minute

GUA MUSANG: A 12-year-old girl died after she was believed to have been electrocuted while using a mobile phone at her home in Kampung Baru Sungai Raya Luar, Lojing, near here.

-Advertisement-

Gua Musang district police chief Sik Choon Foo said the incident occurred at about 4.50pm yesterday when thunderstorm struck the area.

He said that according to M Nor Zawawi Awang, his daughter, Nur Asyqin Qistina, was spotted by his wife lying unconscious on the bed.

“After the father finished his prayers at the nearby surau, he went home and was told that there was a power outage at his house.

“About 15 minutes later, he was informed by his wife that their daughter was unconscious.

-Advertisement-

“The father checked on Nur Asyqin and found there were burn marks on her arm and the mattress. There was also a mobile phone in her right hand and a phone charger near her,” he said in a statement today.

He said Zawawi then took his daughter to the Kuala Betis health clinic where she was pronounced dead.

“Investigations showed that there was no criminal element involved in the girl’s death and the incident is believed to have occurred after the solar inverter at the complainant’s house was struck by lightning,” he said.– FMT


Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/capitalp/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5279