Subang MP Alleges Political Targeting After MyKhas Portal Access Suddenly Blocked

Estimate Reading Time: 2 minutes

SUBANG, 22 May 2026 (The Capital Post) – Subang Member of Parliament Wong Chen has condemned the sudden denial of access to his parliamentary office’s MyKhas Portal account, describing the move as disruptive to constituency welfare allocations and raising concerns over possible selective administrative action.

The MyKhas Portal, managed by the Implementation Coordination Unit (ICU) under the Prime Minister’s Department, is used by parliamentary offices to manage and process applications under the Projek Mesra Rakyat (PMR) programme as well as other constituency-related allocations.

According to Wong Chen, the issue was first discovered on 20 May when an officer from his parliamentary office attempted to upload PMR funding applications involving schools within the Subang constituency but was unable to access the system.

He said his office later contacted the relevant authorities and was verbally informed by a civil servant that access had been blocked following instructions from superiors in Putrajaya.

In response, Wong Chen said his office immediately emailed the ICU on the same day seeking clarification and requesting the restoration of access. On 21 May, physical copies of an official letter were also hand-delivered to both the ICU Selangor branch and the ICU headquarters in Putrajaya.

“As of 10.00 a.m. today, our office has still not been given back access to the MyKhas Portal, nor have we received any official written explanation regarding the restriction,” he said in a press statement issued Friday morning.

The Subang MP said the continued restriction had disrupted efforts to process applications and constituency allocations intended for residents, particularly welfare-related initiatives and school funding matters.

-Advertisement-

Wong Chen also revealed that checks with several government backbenchers in Selangor, including PKR Members of Parliament who attended the recent Hala Tuju Politik Rafizi Ramli and Nik Nazmi event, found that their MyKhas Portal accounts remained operational.

He questioned why the Subang parliamentary office appeared to be the only constituency affected, warning that any form of selective treatment would contradict the Madani government’s principles of fairness, transparency, and professionalism.

“It is deeply regrettable and directly contradicts the Madani principles of a fair, transparent, and professional administration,” he said.

Wong Chen further stressed that his parliamentary office had long been recognised by ICU JPM Selangor for its professional handling of government allocation files, financial documentation, and constituency accounts.

He noted that for more than a decade, his office had publicly disclosed community allocation spending every six months as part of its commitment to transparency and accountability.

The MP argued that denying access without prior notice or written explanation not only hampers welfare initiatives for constituents but also unfairly damages the reputation of his administrative staff.

Calling the move an example of poor governance, Wong Chen urged the Prime Minister’s Department to immediately restore access to the MyKhas Portal and issue an official explanation regarding the administrative block. – The Capital Post.